Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve:- (a) the amended admissions policy
for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools for consultation
with other admission authorities; (b) the proposed co-ordinated
scheme and (c) proposed PAN changes
The Corporate Director – Children’s Services presented a paper which set out, the proposed admission arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools, for which the county council was the statutory admission authority. The Local Authority (LA) was required to consult on any changes to the policy, including on proposed reductions to published admission numbers (PANs). Consultation on the 2016-17 arrangements must take place for an 8-week period between 1 November 2014 and 1 March 2015.
As well as various minor proposed changes in PAN, the paper detailed proposed changes to the School Admission Code on which DfE had recently consulted. This paper also set out, at Appendix B, the proposed coordinated scheme for school admissions in 2016-17, which the LA was required to formulate by 1 January 2015.
(1) the amended admissions policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools at Appendix A for consultation with other admission authorities be approved;
(2) it be noted that a further report will be brought to Cabinet in Spring 2015 to provide feedback from consultations and to seek a decision on adoption of the policy;
(3) the proposed coordinated scheme set out at Appendix B be approved;
(4) consultation on PAN increases at Cummersdale School, Cumwhinton School, Kirkbampton CE School, Orgill School and Wreay CE School be agreed;
(5) responsibility be delegated to the Corporate Director – Children’s Services, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Schools and Learning, to make any necessary amendments, prior to the launch of the consultation, following publication of the Schools Admissions Code on 19 December 2014.
Report author: Andy Smart
Publication date: 23/12/2014
Date of decision: 18/12/2014
Decided at meeting: 18/12/2014 - Cabinet
Effective from: 03/01/2015