To consider a report from Executive Director – Corporate, Customer and Community Services (to follow).
Members considered a report from the Executive Director – Corporate, Customer and Community Services which set out the Communities Budget for Allerdale as agreed at full Council on 13 February 2020 and advised Members on the allocation of those budgets.
The members of Local Committee had met informally and during that time, had reviewed the local committee priorities to establish if they were fit for purpose. Members had cross referenced the priorities with the issues falling out of the Covid-19 incident to assist the review.
Two decisions had been taken as Leaders Decisions previously and these were shown as to note in the recommendations of the report.
The Area Manager also suggested an amendment to recommendation 3.15 – Local Committee Priorities and this was AGREED.
1) Members note the budgets allocated to Allerdale Local Committee for 2020-21 as set out in Appendix 1,
2) Members note the current position statement against the 2020-21 budget as set out in Appendix 2.
3) Members agree the full School Crossing Patrol Budget of £38,154 is allocated to fund the provision of school crossing patrols in the Allerdale area as per the Service Level Agreement - see Appendix 3,
4) Members agree the full Neighbourhood Support Budget of £116,857 is allocated to contribute to the funding of the Community Services Team for 2020-21,
5) Members note the allocation of the full Money Advice Budget, £66,570 to the Citizens Advice Bureau through a Leaders Decision taken on 15 May 2020,
6) Members agree to the allocation of the 0-19 budget of £79,319 as set out in paragraph 4.16 and spent in line with the local committee priorities,
7) Members agree to the use of the 11-19 Universal Provision budget of £32,908 to be agreed at future meetings of local committee,
8) Members note the agreement to establish a Covid-19 Response Fund of up to £20,000 through a Leaders Decision taken on 2 April 2020,
9) Members agree the allocation of the remainder of the General Provision budget (£57,701) be allocated as set out in paragraph 4.20 and spent in line with the local committee priorities,
10) Members note the continuance of the approval of monies from 0-19, 11-19 Universal Services and General Provision in excess of £5,000 to be made at meetings of local committee as per the Constitution as separate agenda items,
11) Members note the approval of monies from 0-19, 11-19 Universal Services and General Provision less than £5,000 to be made by the Area Manager in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of Local Committee as per the Constitution,
12) Members agree to continue with the approval of monies from the Community Projects funds (0-19 and General Provision) to be made by the Area Manager in consultation with the individual Local Members and the Chair / Vice Chair of Local Committee,
13) Members note the allocation of £4,000 from the 0-19 Fund to North Lakes Foodbank to deliver a service to families in need across Allerdale over the six week Summer school holidays. This is a joint project with Allerdale Borough Council and the decision to fund was agreed by the Area Manager, Chair and Vice Chair of Local committee,
14) Members agree that any unallocated money from the Community Projects funds at 31 December 2020 to be added back into the original fund, either General Provision or 0-19 funds,
15) Members agree to the priorities to steer Local Committee remain as previously agreed with the addition of the addition - Support and influence the recovery from Covid-19 in line with the agreed priorities both as individuals in the role of community leaders and as a local committee.
16) Members agree to priorities in respect of children and young people to steer local committee funds and other resources over the ensuing 12 months remain as previously agreed.